Wednesday, February 3, 2010

PUBLISHED

Hot damn! I've actually gotten some work published! Sure, it's just for SVA's Visual Opinion Magazine, specifically the 2010 Calendar Issue, but it's still awesome to see my work in print!



Why Space? Because I have an infatuation with space, I've always loved science fiction, and I'm currently working on a personal project set in space, with a similar visual style. Why July? While most people would choose their birth month (I was born in August), space seemed much more relevant for July, as that was the month in which man first landed on the Moon (if you believe that). So really the choice and imagery was based on that; also note that the "4" asteroid is in a star-shape.

This was actually completed in one sitting back in... November. But not published until now. I had gotten a reply that my submission was "in contention" back in December, but I was never given a concrete, yes or no answer until I saw the issue was available today. And yes, I'm getting payed for this.

First mocked-up in Photoshop, then drawn in Flash, re-sized in Illustrator, and then brought back into Photoshop for color, texture, and shading. So, this was actually the real first time I did Flash/Photoshop texture/shading, even though I've already posted similar and, more or less, better works recently. Hope you like it.

If you want one, but can't get one because you don't go to SVA or whatever other reason, send me a message and I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment