Friday, March 5, 2010

Achievement Unlocked

Kind of a late update, since this happened earlier today (technically yesterday). But, I figured, this a blog about my work, my influences, and anything I do art related... I think this applies: Rocko's Modern Life and Camp Lazlo creator, Joe Murray, has been a serious influence on my cartooning work ever since I was a kid, even if it was never something I consciously thought about, I really can see his influence in my personal stories/character designs (aka, stuff I don't post here)...

So, imagine my surprise when I found out that Joe Murray not only subscribed to my YouTube channel today, but also commented with "Great work Jared." on my channel. Sure, it's just three words, but I when I saw that (to put it in no better way) I came, shat myself, and then my brain exploded; see here [1:00]. Like, it's hard to describe the feeling when one of the people that inspired you to be where you are today tells you 'great work' but it's simply awesome. Now Ashley Wood just needs to tell me I can paint well and I think most of my life goals will be complete.

And just to be sure, I checked Joe's other subscriptions, and doesn't look like he left comments on anyone else's channels, so I feel kind of special... just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment