Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thanks Hipsters

I finally think of something that hipsters would love, and draw it in their hipstery style, and they still can't appreciate it. "N'Where's Narwhaldo?" scored 2.39 out of 5, with 631 votes in all; that's better than my first Threadless attempt at least.

And considering there's a couple front page, printed designs on Threadless right now that were scored at around 2.40, I'd say that's not too bad at all. Hell, they may even decide to print the design some day! But not... tonight.

Now I just have to hear back from Ottawa International Animation Festival and Animation Block Party, and then I can find out if I everything I do gets rejected.

UPDATE (6/25/10 7:15 PM): I wasn't selected for Animation Block Party, sadly, though I was at least 'in consideration' and therefore have an IMDb page for my film now. So, at least you get to see the title until I decide what I'm going to do with it. I'm looking into other film festivals, but everything either asks for too much money for entry, 35mm film (which is honestly just stupid in this age), or has some odd fine-print that allows them to use your film for other things, which I'm not cool with.

So, yeah, I guess I'm just going to have to wait to hear from Ottawa for now, but at this point I'm a bit doubtful. I really don't want to just put my film online; call it pretentious, but I put too much love into my film work to just unleash it out onto the internet...

No comments:

Post a Comment