Friday, July 9, 2010

I even do logo design...

Before you comment saying "oh wow, you can actually draw people!" I should note, I DID NOT DRAW THIS. But thanks for thinking anyways. This is the cover to my friend, Polly Guo's new comic book, Houdini & Holmes, the first part of which will be available at this year's San Diego Comic-Con!

Update:
The comic will be available for purchase in the Small Press Area, table number P-11. Make sure you buy it!



I'm really pleased with Polly's finalization of this cover, having seen it prior to the rad coloring job she did; and overall the text is very fitting for the style and mood. However, I made some flat-color mock-ups myself when I was testing out the logo design:



The left image has the original black/white mock-up, with three test color palettes. The right image was my final mock-up, after some discussing with Polly, which included the issue numbering and adjusted ampersand (the "&").

There's parts I like about both my mock-ups and Polly's final version, but regardless, the cover alone was awesome enough whether it was colored or not. I'm just glad I was able to help out in some way. But yeah, this is me throwing my hat into the logo design ring, contact me if you ever need assistance in that domain, or coloring for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment