Monday, July 26, 2010

Let The Right One In

Go figure, more fan art, but at least this one's completely different, visually. I finally got around to watching Let The Right One In last night and really enjoyed it, and then this image came into my head. Unlike previous works, I only did the line art in Flash this time, and then colored it completely in Photoshop, therefore there's both a Ink and Color version to show you:





Stylistically, this is unlike anything I've done before, but I kind of like it. It was definitely subconsciously inspired by the guys over at Comic Twart, particularly Chris Samnee, Mitch Gerads, Doc Shaner, and Francesco Francavilla, but it's clearly no wheres near as good as them. But hey, that's why there's something called "practice" and why I generally use fan art as a way of trying new styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment