Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Going Full-Samnee

I did figure drawing this past Monday, using a brush pen for the first time, and attempted to work in Chris Samnee's style; not at first, where I was doing style-less line drawings, but it eventually went that way. No pencils, just straight value studies.


I later tweeted the photo of my work to him, telling him I went "Full-Samnee". I don't know if he got the joke, but he replied back with; "Nice! Keep it up, Jared! :)" so either way, still awesome!

Forgive me for the quality of the photo though; it was taken with my cellphone. Also I'm sure inking on a vertical surface with a low-ink brush pen probably doesn't help. Eventually I'll try to get a better photo, like when I actually have my pad here and not the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment