Monday, December 6, 2010

Black Dynamite

As hinted at in a previous post, I've been working on a Black Dynamite poster. Well, here it is, the first graphic design piece I've done in a long long time:


This is my final project for History of Comedy in Film, where we could have either written an 8-10 page paper, or be reasonable and do an art project of our choosing such as short film/animation, or in my case, a film poster. And not to toot my own horn... but I kind of like this more than the actual posters made for the film ;)


Bonus facts: while I did use a screenshot from the film, it was actually cut off, so the afro had to be hand-drawn. And the credits on the bottom I typed up while deciphering the letters on the low-res, super-pixelated actual poster, while cross checking with IMDb...

2 comments:

  1. wow, looks great

    any chance to get the picture with better quality?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant get much better than the actual file.. which is the first picture up there...

    ReplyDelete