Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ugly Americans

Since the beginning of last month I've been interning at Augenblick Studios, in-betweening and coloring on the 2nd half episodes of Ugly Americans' first season. So yeah, make sure you watch it tomorrow night at 10:30 PM EST on Comedy Central, and look for my name in the credits! I'm credited as "Jared Weiss" (no D.) and am at the bottom of the Interns list (it's alphabetical, I'm used to it). I can't post anything that I've worked on until after the episodes have aired, so it may be a few weeks until I can show you any of my actual work from the show. I'm not alone either, my friend Matt Marblo also interned at Augenblick since the summer.

Fun Fact: I was actually offered to work on the first half of the season last summer, but couldn't because of scheduling conflicts and the fact that I didn't know Flash at all. And then I screwed up in trying to get the summer internship this year. But I'm there now, so all is well finally.

Also, in other news, last week the creator of Courage the Cowardly Dog (truly my favorite show when I was in middle school), John R. Dilworth, was actually in my room and watched my final film from this past year. This makes him the second person, to my knowledge at least, with a show on Cartoon Network to have seen my film and complimented on it; the first being Joe Murray (Rocko's Modern Life and Camp Lazlo). And having always been a Cartoon Network fan, ever since I was a wee lad, it's really a dream come true.

Remember kids, if you try hard enough, and always push yourself, you can actually accomplish your goals!

P.S. I know I still haven't put my film publicly online. Things didn't work out as hoped over the summer in terms of getting it screened somewhere, so it's kind of left the status of the film's online viewing in limbo. I'm sure I'll put it up someday, but the character and story are still too close to me to just let it go freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment