Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Festival Updates

Looks like this next month is going to be very busy for Transmission!

This weekend the film will be screening at The Little Rock Film Festival’s Little Rock Horror Picture Show.  The film will be screening as part of their International Shorts 1 block, which screens twice: First at 10:15 AM at the Argenta Community Theater and again later that day at 1PM at The Joint.

In addition the film will be screening in Jacksonville, Florida at the Citrus Cel Animation Film Festival and I'll also have a piece there at their Art of Storytelling exhibition, which shows the character design process of the film over the course of two years. The film will play on Saturday April 6th, at 2PM as part of their Freshly Squeezed Vol. 2 Student Shorts program.

Next up, as of today, I've been accepted into the Ivy Film Festival, which runs at Brown University from April 8th to the 14th. At this moment I don't know what day the film will be screening so I'll have more on that later (the Transmission film page will always have up to date info).

Lastly (for now, HAHA!) I'll be screening at the Animation Hall of Fame's Savannah International Film Festival in Savannah, Georgia. The festival is just one day, April 13th, and my film will be screening as the opener of Animation Block #4 at 2PM.

I'm still waiting on confirmations from a bunch of other festivals, so stay tuned for more info. As of right now, I don't know which of these I'll be able to attend, if at all, but if I can I'll surely let you know!

Update (3-25-13): Good news! Now Transmission will be screening at the A Night of Horror International Film Festival in Sydney, Australia! The film will be screening on Monday April 15th at 9PM as the opener of the Shorts Program 4: American Horror Stories! This is the only non-USA stop in the month so far, and making April out to be a very busy month. That's a festival a week!

Update (3-29-13): Was just informed tonight that Transmission has been accepted to yet another festival! This time its the Northwest Animation Festival, which actually takes place on two weekends in Oregon; first is May 17th - 19th in Portland, and then again May 31st - June 2nd in Eugene. My friend, and fellow SVA 2012 graduate, Evan Borja, will also have his film, OTZI, screened here!

No comments:

Post a Comment