Saturday, June 26, 2010

Paper Who

And now for something completely different, in honor of the season finale of Doctor Who. It's a puppet version of Matt Smith's Eleventh Doctor, inspired by the opening sequence from The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.



Parts were drawn in Flash, then placed in layers in Photoshop, with textures added. I originally wanted to do something like this for that Snake and Yoshi picture, but couldn't figure out how to tackle it at the time; and going by what I did with this, would have never fit it into my work schedule.

I really like how this came out, despite the hours of work that went into making sure everything pieced together well, and hand-cleaning the textures to match the parts. But, I suppose all that hard work shows, and if enough people like this, I may try more pieces in this style... we'll see.

But about that finale, so. damn. good.

UPDATE: In other Doctor Who news, I (along with Matt Marblo and THE DOCTOR!!) can be seen in the latest episode of Doctor Who Confidential, or at the 2:50 mark of this clip from the episode uploaded by the great Doctor Who fan site, Blogtor Who.



DOCTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRR!!!!!

1 comment: